13.12.09

new seeds and cilantro slideshow

The Pimiento de Padrón and sunflower seeds arrived yesterday from Renee's Garden. The package says that they take 10-21 days to germinate, and that they need to stay very warm (75-80F). I planted them toward the back of tray 2 so that they hopefully won't even cool off when I open the greenhouse flap for watering. The back half of tray 2 also receives the most sunlight, which should help not only with warmth, but also the strong light source that the seedlings supposedly will require once they've sprouted.
I think I finally understand why the cilantro seeds I planted are called "Slow Bolt." They took 7 days to show any signs of germinating, but since they first started to emerge, they've grown very rapidly, and have now almost caught up to the tomato sprouts in height.

Click for full screen viewing in Picasa:

No comments:

Post a Comment