6.2.10

first transplant slideshow

Here's a slideshow of all the plants after their first transplant.



I really can't believe how quickly the tomato plants are recovering.  The Maglia Rosa cherry tomato plants all had roots growing ~5" past their plastic slots, so I guess I waited too long.  Thankfully, all the tomato plants seem to be doing fantastically now.

Today, I had to raise the 2' 2-bulb fixture on the germinating shelf since the second batch of Maglia Rosa cherry tomato and Dukat dill have both gotten so tall.

Germinating shelf, Dukat dill and Maglia Rosa cherry tomato:


Dukat dill, second batch:

 

Maglia Rosa cherry tomatoes, second batch:

 

I can't believe how many tomato plants (and hopefully, therefore, tomatoes) I'm going to have.

I installed another velcro flap this morning.  So there are now two providing access to the front of the germinating shelf, and one each on the front and back of the growing shelf.  It's nice to be able to get in and out of the greenhouse so easily, but the greenhouse temperature seems to be decreasing as the number of flaps increases, which suggests that there's air is leaking out through the velcro seals.  As it gets warmer out, this won't be as much of an issue.  For now, I'm covering the velcro with packing tape to make a tighter seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment