19.4.10

Indoor/outdoor update

So the Sugar Pod Snow Peas that I planted outside have long since germinated.  They are three weeks old today.  Here´s a slideshow of their progress so far:



They have an elaborate leaf structure that I really like.

The Bloomsdale spinach is finally starting to do something.  I planted a row and a half of it, and I don´t know if the full row failed to germinate or was just eaten by slugs, but the half row is all I have now.  They´ve just put out their primary leaves:



Indoors, the Maglia Rosa cherry tomatoes are finally bearing fruit.  The tomatoes are oblong, making them resemble Romas.


It´ll be interesting to see if their taste differs substantially, as well. 

More exciting greenhouse news: the pimientos de padrón have budded and bloomed!



I´ve been pollinating them just like the tomatoes.  I can´t wait for the peppers!  If they follow the same timeline as the tomatoes, then it´ll probably be another month at least before the fruit appears and starts to ripen, but at least I can pick them while they´re still green.

No comments:

Post a Comment